How can you begin your study at Virginia Tech?
If you are ready to begin your journey, we are ready for you! Everything you need to get started is right here, so don't delay. Just follow the steps shown below and you will be on your way to a bright future in the IT field.
Admission to the Master of Information Technology degree program in Virginia Tech's Graduate School requires
that applicants meet the following minimum standards:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 of 4.0 in the last 60 hours of course work shown on the applicant's transcripts.
- The potential to successfully pursue and complete the VTMIT degree program as evidenced by the application, optional letters of recommendation, and/or other material submitted with the application such as professional vitae or resumé
- Proficiency in using the Java computer programming language, as evidenced by prior course work.
- Engineering modules (Networking) Networking requires further math and electrical engineering prerequisites.
- GRE is not required; and that TOEFL is required for those not receiving their bachelor's degree from an American, Canadian, or British university
Students meeting these standards will typically be admitted as regular students
Students with a lower than minimum grade point average or without sufficient programming background
may be admitted as provisional students
The Application Process
A step by step guide -
get started now
||Submit all materials by:
||July 1, 2014
||December 1, 2014
||April 1, 2015
Tuition and Fees
Financial Aid Information